The Cornhole Game Player's Community

Curing and Decal Application Question

Want to build your own boards? Looking for basic building instructions? Have a question on how to do it just the right way? Check in here for discussion on the various board and bag making techniques.

Curing and Decal Application Question

Postby Pratzie on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:41 am

Hey all, I'm currently in between my third and fourth coats of Poly and was wondering how long I should let the 3rd coat dry before sanding with 220 grit? I've read some people say a week to cure but I'm curious if that's just for the last coat or if that should be the case prior to sanding.

Also, When should I apply the decals? Prior to sanding and then add a few more layers on top or immediately after I sand and prior to adding the 4th coat?

From what I've read people have mixed opinions. Also for what it's worth these aren't full wrap decals just smaller words and logos that I'll be adding.

Thanks for the advice!
Pratzie
Cornhole Rookie
Cornhole Rookie

Re: Curing and Decal Application Question

Postby JMYBFFT on Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:27 pm

I will lightly sand between quotes once the poly is dry to the touch. Wipe it clean and then you can add your decal or add your next coat of poly.
JMYBFFT
Cornhole Player
Cornhole Player

Re: Curing and Decal Application Question

Postby Reksat on Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:06 pm

In my opinion and actual tests with this poly, i dont see the need to sand ,way to often some people oversand and cause problems and scratches that are hard to cover up. 3 heavy coats and that should be fine,without sanding.
"Play cornhole long enough and you'll become a Kernal"
Reksat
Cornhole Addict
Cornhole Addict

Return to Building & Customization