The Cornhole Game Player's Community

Star Wars Cornhole Boards

Have some custom boards you want to show off? Have a great picture of somebody tossing a bag? Post pictures of your favorite boards, great tosses, or big events in here.
Forum rules
Please include a description of your boards in the post title, so people can find them later if they want to take a second look. Thanks!

Star Wars Cornhole Boards

Postby BJMRamage on Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:40 pm

Hello,

I want to thank all the forum members for their knowledge and appreciate all that I have learned from lurking on this forum.
I just finished (ok, need to out some more poly on the boards) my first sets. I was just going to build one set for my son's birthday party and the day I go to get wood, a neighbor asks if I could make her husband a set as a gift from her....OK.

Here's some pics of my Star Wars corn hole boards. I designed the vinyl wraps and just put them on last night. I like the look of them.

Each side:

The Build. sorry no in-progress shots.

I used a jigsaw for the holes:

Testing the legs:

both (again):

Underside...used a Port Cable Pocket Hole Jig:

I am happy the way they turned out...perfect? nope, but good enough for a first time build...sure. I learned a lot with these. and my friend's boards. His were painted and then a small Orioles Logo went on them, and Poly.

I used 3/4" Cabinet-Grade Maple (or was it Birch, the guy at Lowes said it was Maple but the wood wan't stacked, looked like Birch, who knows). Select Prime 1x4s and 1x3s (Pine boards). the 1x3s were for the leg brace. Pocket Hole Jig, sanding, sanding, sanding. It seemed every time i went to paint or Poly (outside) my neighbor decided to cut the grass.
BJMRamage
Cornhole Rookie
Cornhole Rookie

Re: Star Wars Cornhole Boards

Postby Luv2skyski on Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:39 am

YOU ARE A LIAR!!!!!
There is no way that is your first set. Those are awesome. Just no way. I am thoroughly impressed.
Sincerely, Dave.
4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions.
Luv2skyski
Cornhole Player
Cornhole Player

Postby BJMRamage on Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:30 am

Luv2skyski wrote:YOU ARE A LIAR!!!!!
There is no way that is your first set. Those are awesome. Just no way. I am thoroughly impressed.
Sincerely, Dave.

well, technically I built 2 sets at once. My friend's set was finished first since I had to wait on the vinyl.

and thank you! I appreciate the...compliment. It was a lot of research. and probably taking too long. I really should have had more clamps since the top wasn't centered side-to-side and sanding and filler didn't cover that mistake fully.

I built Giant Jenga, Big Kerplunk, and some Lawn Dominos last year. and a Baby Doll Crib for my daughter's birthday. I am a graphic designer by trade so not much of a tool guy other than owning tools and wanting to create stuff. my next project might be some Wooden 6-pack holders-with magnetic cap catcher.
BJMRamage
Cornhole Rookie
Cornhole Rookie

Postby duster2104 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:34 am

These are real nice man! You build yours almost exactly as i do mine for people!

Look very sharp!
duster2104
Cornhole Player
Cornhole Player

Postby chevellesb406 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:34 pm

Very nice set full stop, let alone first out the gate. Be careful, 7 years ago I went to build a set for a party as a gift as no one in So Cal had even heard of it, a few hundred boards later, still taking orders :)
chevellesb406
Cornhole Addict
Cornhole Addict

Postby BJMRamage on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:48 pm

thank you all. Compliments are appreciated.

I do like building things. While finishing the Star Wars a friend stopped by and said I might need to make a set for her husband. Another neighbor said they should have just had me make their set they got a few months earlier.
I am not as great at building these as the majority are on here. I am shocked by the quality I see here. But then again this is a cornhole forum. This isn't a movie or graphic design forum where I hang out a lot and that might be shocking.

Here's the first fully-finished set. Well one board. But you get the idea.
Rats. The picture looks huge on my phone. How did I do this last time? I might have to copy a smaller size image from Imgur from a computer. I might have fixed it.

BJMRamage
Cornhole Rookie
Cornhole Rookie

Postby Jeremy on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:27 am

These are insanely cool! Love the design
Jeremy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bigdannyslade on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:23 pm

Wow! You need to sell those wraps, i would buy them in a heartbeat! Are they available somewhere?
bigdannyslade
Cornhole Rookie
Cornhole Rookie

Return to Cornhole Gallery